1. Download latest version o XAMPP from apachefriends.org. In my case, it is 64bit version of Linux operating system
Once you downloaded, you cannot install it as simple as that, just follow 1 more step ahead of your installation procedure.
2. open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt +t). Make sure to specify the location of your downloaded file. In my case, it is ‘Downloads’ folder
sudo chmod +x Downloads/xampp-linux-x64-5.6.3-0-installer.run
3. Complete rest of the installations.
If you would like to stop and start XAMPP only when necessary, then remember these commands
To Start – sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop
To Stop – sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
This article assist you with step-by-step procedure to generate CSR for SAN Certificate (multiple domains) in Tomcat Server
Important Note: You need Java 7 as it has a Keytool with SAN (Subject Alternative Name) to certificates. The previous version of Java do not support this and you receive “illegal option: -ext” error when you try Keytool with -ext
1. Open Cmd
2. Navigate to the Java 7 installation directory, in my case – Windows 2008 and the installation directory is ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin’
keytool -genkey -alias server -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keystore e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure -ext san=dns:www.hackandsecure.com
- Specify any alias name, here I specified ‘server’
- Keysize must be specified, otherwise keytool will generate a key which is 1024 bit and it doesnt meet the minimum requirement
- For the question “What is your first and last name?”, enter the domain name that you need certificate and not your actual first and last name!
4. After entering all the details, you will notice that keystore is created in e:\ssl_key folder
5. Now generate CSR.
keytool -certreq -alias server -file e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure.csr -keystore e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure
Notice that I have used the another domain name whi
I had exactly the same problem you have, not able to get the full sound out of Beats Audio Speakers in my HP laptop. I referred several websites but this and this websites together solved the problem. Here’s what I did:
Step 1: Open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and run:
sudo apt-get instal alsa-tools-gui
Step 2: Open hda-jack-retask
1. Select the codec IDT 92HD91BXX
2. Choose Show unconnected pins
3. Remap 0x0d (Internal Speaker, Front side) to “Internal Speaker” (in my case, it was the default value, so I left it as it is)
4. Remap 0x0f to “Internal Speaker”
5. Remap 0x10 to “Internal Speaker (LFE)”
6. Apply now, then test your laptop audio now by playing some audios from youtube.
7. If it works, select “Install boot override” to save the settings to apply at boot time.
FREAK Attack, a new SSL/TLS vulnerability that allows an attacker to intercept HTTPS connections between vulnerable clients and servers and force them to use weak encryption, which the attacker can break to steal or manipulate sensitive data.
Servers that accept RSA_EXPORT cipher suites put their users at risk from the FREAK attack. You can perform free SSL FREAK Check on your HTTPS servers to verify if they accept weak encryption.
Not all Client browsers are vulnerable at the moment, you can keep checking here for update if your Chrome, Firefox, IE or Safari browser is vulnerable. If possible, keep your browsers uptodate with latest version. You can perform free SSL FREAK Check on your client computer to verify if they accept weak encryption. You need to click on 2 links provided on this website and if the page loads, then you are vulnerable!
1) Zim, alternate to MS OneNote in Windows
Download Zim, available in Ubuntu Software Center
You can take your notes, create pages, add attachments, images and provides additional functionality like task list manager. I store and access my Zim note from dropbox, so you can access it from anywhere as long as you have Zim installed in that computer. Good news is Windows version of Zim is available.
2) Parcellite, Clipboard Manager
Download Parcellite, available in Ubuntu Software Center
A tool to preserve your history, by default 20 copied items are preserved in history. You can increase it to maximum with preferences option.
3) BleachBit, alternate to CCleaner
Download BleachBit, available in Ubuntu Software Center
No much explanation is needed, we all love CCleaner and will miss it in Ubuntu. BleachBit provides similar solution in Ubuntu but not all features of CCleaner. Remember that your history items in Parcellite are still preserved and not deleted while cleaning with BleachBit.