This article assist you with step-by-step procedure to generate CSR for SAN Certificate (multiple domains) in Tomcat Server
Important Note: You need Java 7 as it has a Keytool with SAN (Subject Alternative Name) to certificates. The previous version of Java do not support this and you receive “illegal option: -ext” error when you try Keytool with -ext
1. Open Cmd
2. Navigate to the Java 7 installation directory, in my case – Windows 2008 and the installation directory is ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin’
keytool -genkey -alias server -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keystore e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure -ext san=dns:www.hackandsecure.com
- Specify any alias name, here I specified ‘server’
- Keysize must be specified, otherwise keytool will generate a key which is 1024 bit and it doesnt meet the minimum requirement
- For the question “What is your first and last name?”, enter the domain name that you need certificate and not your actual first and last name!
4. After entering all the details, you will notice that keystore is created in e:\ssl_key folder
5. Now generate CSR.
keytool -certreq -alias server -file e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure.csr -keystore e:\ssl_key\hackandsecure
Notice that I have used the another domain name whi
I had exactly the same problem you have, not able to get the full sound out of Beats Audio Speakers in my HP laptop. I referred several websites but this and this websites together solved the problem. Here’s what I did:
Step 1: Open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and run:
sudo apt-get instal alsa-tools-gui
Step 2: Open hda-jack-retask
1. Select the codec IDT 92HD91BXX
2. Choose Show unconnected pins
3. Remap 0x0d (Internal Speaker, Front side) to “Internal Speaker” (in my case, it was the default value, so I left it as it is)
4. Remap 0x0f to “Internal Speaker”
5. Remap 0x10 to “Internal Speaker (LFE)”
6. Apply now, then test your laptop audio now by playing some audios from youtube.
7. If it works, select “Install boot override” to save the settings to apply at boot time.
1) Zim, alternate to MS OneNote in Windows
Download Zim, available in Ubuntu Software Center
You can take your notes, create pages, add attachments, images and provides additional functionality like task list manager. I store and access my Zim note from dropbox, so you can access it from anywhere as long as you have Zim installed in that computer. Good news is Windows version of Zim is available.
2) Parcellite, Clipboard Manager
Download Parcellite, available in Ubuntu Software Center
A tool to preserve your history, by default 20 copied items are preserved in history. You can increase it to maximum with preferences option.
3) BleachBit, alternate to CCleaner
Download BleachBit, available in Ubuntu Software Center
No much explanation is needed, we all love CCleaner and will miss it in Ubuntu. BleachBit provides similar solution in Ubuntu but not all features of CCleaner. Remember that your history items in Parcellite are still preserved and not deleted while cleaning with BleachBit.
This document will help you configuring Cisco VPN Client in your Ubuntu computer.
1) In the Ubuntu Software Center, search and install “network-manager-gnome“.
2) Then, enable the option “Network management framework (VPNC plugin GNOME GUI)” in the same “network-manager-gnome” window and install it.
2) Lets start configuring VPN in Network option available in the System Settings of Ubuntu (I assume you have all the required information from your VPN administrator!).
3) Click on “+” sign and choose interface as “VPN” to proceed.
4) Choose “Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc)” when you see the below screen.
5) Specify your VPN settings and you have an option either to save or always ask for User / Group Password
Connection name name_it_as_you_like
Gateway is your_VPN_device_IP_address
User name is Login_User_Name
Group name is VPN_Group_Authentication_Name
6) In the advanced window, most likely you do not need to modify anything and leave it with default settings. Click Apply to complete the VPN configuration
7) Click on Network symbol on task bar (you will see a different icon if you are using a wired network connection, in my case my laptop is connected to a wireless network) and choose VPN Connections to establish connection to your corporate connection.
This may help some Ubuntu user !!!
I faced this strange issue while trying to connect to my corporate network via VPN on my Ubuntu PC – “VPN Service failed to start“. I tried all the possibilities mentioned in other forums and even unchecked “All Users may connect to this network” in network connections but still I was unable to connect VPN (by the way I am using network-manager-gnome Cisco VPN). Then I remember that I recently installed network driver for my wireless network card ralink – refer here, so I tried uninstalling and installing network-manager-gnome and it did the trick! so if you come across similar situation, give a try and let us know.