When a SSL/TLS connection is established using DH <=1024 bits, an attacker could find the shared secret in a short amount of time (depending on modulus size and attacker resources). This may allow an attacker to recover the plain text or potentially violate the integrity of connections.
How to detect vulnerability?
nmap -Pn -p 443 –script ssl-dh-params <IP-address>
How to fix vulnerable systems?
- Navigate to following path in Registry.
2. Create new sub key named Diffie-Hellman, if it didn’t already exists.
3. Create DWORD called Enabled and set 0 value.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols provide integrity, confidentiality and authenticity services to other protocols that lack these features. SSL/TLS protocols use ciphers such as AES, DES, 3DES and RC4 to encrypt the content of the higher layer protocols. However, RC4 is considered as practically vulnerable and RC4 is recommended to be disabled on Server.
How to detect Vulnerability?
Download and use testssl.sh
.testssl.sh –rc4 <ip-address>
How to fix Vulnerable Systems?
- Navigate to following path in regedit.
2. Create following RC4 sub keys if they do not exists already.
3. Create REG_DWORD called Enabled and set as 0 value for all the 3 RC4 folders.
Following are official DNS Servers of Vodafone, Qatar
Primary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Note: 184.108.40.206 is decommissioned as on 15th Jun 2018. If you are using 220.127.116.11, then migrate to above DNS servers.
Following are official DNS servers of Ooredoo
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
The previous Secondary DNS server 126.96.36.199 is no longer being used.
1. Download latest version o XAMPP from apachefriends.org. In my case, it is 64bit version of Linux operating system
Once you downloaded, you cannot install it as simple as that, just follow 1 more step ahead of your installation procedure.
2. open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt +t). Make sure to specify the location of your downloaded file. In my case, it is ‘Downloads’ folder
sudo chmod +x Downloads/xampp-linux-x64-5.6.3-0-installer.run
3. Complete rest of the installations.
If you would like to stop and start XAMPP only when necessary, then remember these commands
To Start – sudo /opt/lampp/lampp stop
To Stop – sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start