The following configuration helps you to set 1 WAP4410N device as Access Point and another WAP4410N device as Repeater.
Step 1: Configuring WAP4410N as Access Point
I assume that you have DHCP in your network (If your laptop is automatically receiving IP address from the network when you just plug-in, then it means you have DHCP in your network)
- Connect WAP4410N to your network through a network cable.
- Locate IP address of WAP4410N from your router or DHCP server (say you identify the IP address as 192.168.1.5)
- Launch http://192.168.1.5 and login with default username and password (admin and admin)
- Go to Wireless > Basic Settings and specify
- Wireless Network Mode: B/G/N-Mixed
- Wireless Channel: 6-2.4GHz
- SSID 1: <name of your wireless network>
- SSID Broadcast: Enabled
- Go to Security and set a password for your wireless
- Go to AP Mode and ensure Access Point option is checked and note down the MAC address shown on the screen (A4:93:4C:A4:c8:26 is wireless MAC address of Access Point)
We are not finished with this access point, we will come again to set it to allow repeater to repeat the signals.
Step 2: Configuring WAP4410N as repeater
Keep this WAP4410N closer to the above access point for intial configuration.
- Connect a network cable between your laptop and WAP4110N which is going to act as repeater
- Launch http://192.168.1.245 (default IP of WAP4410N) and login with default username and password (admin and admin)
- Go to AP Mode and check Wireless WDS Repeater and do Site Survey
- In the next screen, choose the Wireless SSID to boost the signal.
- You will now see the Access Point MAC address is automatically picked up in MAC text box. This is important!
- Save settings and note the MAC address of this repeater shown on the screen top (A4:93:4C:B1:B8:83 is the MAC address of Repeater).
- Disconnect the network cable. Ensure you do not connect the network cable to the network either, otherwise it will cause loop.
Step 3: Configuring WAP4410N Access Point to allow repeater to boost signals
- Launch http://192.168.1.5
- Go to AP mode and check “Allow wireless signal to be repeated by a repeater” and specify the MAC address of repeater noted in step 2.
- Save Settings.
Now you can move this repater to a distance such that it receives at least 30% signal to boost.